Aseptic Technique in Rodent Surgery: Introduction
Content used with permission from procedureswithcare.org.uk
Key points to note
- Prepare a protocol and a list of equipment that will be required before you start any surgical procedure.
- Make sure all the required facilities and equipment have been booked.
- Ensure an assistant is available.
- Make sure equipment is prepared for use.
- When using heat pads, monitor the temperature of both the animal and the heat pad, to ensure correct operation.