- Gaines Das, R and North, D (2007) Implications of experimental technique for analysis and interpretation of data from animal experiments: outliers and increased variability resulting from failure of intraperitoneal injection procedures, Laboratory Animals, 41, 312-320
- Steward et al. (1968) Errors in the Technique of Intraperitoneal Injection of Mice Applied Microbiology, 16 (9): 1418-1419.
- Leach et al (2010) Influence of preferred foodstuffs on the antinociceptive effects of orally administered buprenorphine, Laboratory Animals, 44, 54-58
- Corbett, A, et al (2012) A method for reliable voluntary oral administration of a fixed dosage (mg/kg) of chronic daily medication to rats, Laboratory Animals, 46, 318—324
- Atcha et al, (2010) Alternative method of oral dosing for rats, JAALAS, 49, 335-343
- Zhang, Lei, (2011) Voluntary oral administration of drugs in mice, Protocol Exchange, 2011. doi:10.1038/protex.2011.236. Published online 11 May 2011
- Küster et al. (1968) Voluntary Ingestion of Antiparasitic Drugs Emulsified in Honey Represents an Alternative to Gavage in Mice, JAALAS, 51, Number 2, March 2012 , pp. 219-223(5)